Manager, Supply Chain Initiative - Operational Excellence Lead
Talent Area : Supply Chain
Location : Baltimore, MD, USA
Other Location :
Requisition Number : 00021964
Full or Part Time : Regular Employee FT
The purpose of the Manager, Supply Chain Initiative/Operational Excellence role is to provide strategic leadership, direction, and vision focusing on Field Operations within the Supply Chain. This position will chart the future direction of Field Operations, utilizing processes and technologies that will make it part of a world class Supply Chain organization. This individual must be a highly skilled professional with expertise in the following areas of responsibility:
- Develop the strategic vision for the use of technical tools and business processes in the warehousing - and distribution arena.
- Develop and lead the strategy for CCR's warehousing and distribution requirements;
- Develop and design processes and technical tools to drive efficiencies, process improvement, and cost reductions;
- Lead cross functional teams to execute the next generation of technical strategies;
- Manage development projects that support the strategic vision for Field Operations
- Work closely with Supply Planning, Region Vice Presidents of Field Operations, Market Unit Vice - - -Presidents, and Region Initiative Managers, to drive cost efficiencies through the implementations of best practices and technology solutions;
- Partnering with procurement to develop strategic supplier relationships to secure competitive advantage;
-Provide leadership to ensure effective cross-functional approach to warehousing and distribution initiatives;
- Define quality standards and ensure that output meets these standards;
- Evaluate current processes and determine appropriate alternatives;
- Recommend business process improvements where necessary;
- Communicate status of projects to senior management and client groups;
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in warehousing and distribution projects;
- Work with major suppliers on partnering to achieve Supply Chain efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Five (5) plus years experience in area of Supply Chain Operations required.
- Distribution or Warehouse management experience preferred.
- Four (4) plus years of relevant or related industry experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills in the areas of SAP, Excel, Access, i-WIN/i-Logex, desired.
- Must demonstrate proficiencies with Word/Excel/PowerPoint, Sharepoint, SAP.
- APICS certification is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel 80% of the time, depending on geography.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.